2. How do i add multiple images onto a page?
3. How do i resize an image?
4. I can't see any changes to the site?
5. Can i add more pages to the site?
6. The formatting in the page looks wrong, how can i change this?
7. The page title is too long/short, how do i change this?
8. My site has disappeared, how can i fix this?
9. I'm not receiving any emails, what should i do?
10. I can't send any emails, what can i do?
How do i add an image to a page?
Adding images is quite easy:
- Open the relevant content block for editing
- Click on the "Image" tab at the top of the editing pop-up. If there isn't one then you can't add an image to that block
- Use the "Browse" button to select the image you want from your local PC
- Select if you want the image to appear to the left or right of the text. Normally the text will wrap around the image in most cases
- The "ALT text" option is for adding a description of the image, which is useful for search engines and visually impaired site visitors
How do i add multiple images onto a page?
You can only add one image per 'block' on a page, but you can add multiple blocks with an image on each page. To add a new block click on the 'New' bar at the bottom of the column of content you want to extend.
How do i resize an image?
If you need to resize an image, follow this link:
If you choose to resize them yourselve then we recommend you use a maximum of 200-300 pixels width and height. Then save the images as either GIF or JPG format.
I can't see any changes to the site?
If this problem happens then check to see if the site has been activated in the authoring system. If you still can't see any changes then try refreshing you page by pressing "Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-R". If nothing still happens then clear your cache in your browser settings. If you've tried everything possbile then contact us for further help.
Can i add more pages to the site?
If you want to add more pages to the site then there will be an "Add sub-page" button in the top-right of the screen when editing the site. If there is no option then we can add it for you, but please contact us to find out how.
The formatting in the page looks wrong, how can i change this?
If the format of the page looks wrong then check to see that you haven't just pasted text from another page and not gone through the 'Paste as Plain Text' toolbar option. To fix the problem yourself:
- Open the offending block for editing
- Select all the content by pressing 'Ctrl' and 'A'
- Cut the content the the clipboard by pressing 'Ctrl' and 'X'
- Use the toolbar option 'Paste as Plain Text' to paste it back in as plain text
- In some cases you may have to apply some formatting back in within the editor if there are bullet lists etc
The page title is too long/short, how do i change this?
Each page has a title and will normally appear:
- In the navigation as the link to a page
- In the Title bar of the browser window
- As the header within the content area of the page
If you need to change the title of a page you can do this via the 'Page Properties' button in the top right of the editing screen. You can also sho a different title in the navigation to that shown in the other two places by entering a "Navigation Title". This allows you to have a short version in the navigation and a longer, more descriptive title in the page text.
My site has disappeared, how can i fix this?
If your site has disappeared, follow these helpful points:
- Check to see if you haven't deactivated the site, which will show up at the top of the page as either 'activate' or 'deactivate'. If you only see the 'Activate' button, then your site has been deactivated. Reactivate it by pressing the 'Activate' button
- Check to see if you haven't deleted any other page which could have an effect on all the other pages linking to that page
Keep in mind that the 'deactivate' option is there mainly for when you publish something that you wish you hadn't, and you want to quickly take down while you amend things. So you can still add content without deactivating the site.
I'm not receiving any emails, what should i do?
If you are not receiving any emails, check the following:
- Check to see if it's an email address we provide, or an email address from someone else.
- Have you looked in your spam folder to see if it accidentally landed there?
- Have you tried sending yourself a test email to confirm that you're sending an email to the right address?
I can't send any emails, what can i do?
If your using a desktop application such as Outlook, then check the following:
- What are your SMTP settings set as in your email client? Set these the same as what your ISP has given you as most ISPs won't allow you to send email except via the ISP system
- Does the ISP's SMTP service require a username and password? If it does then check you have the correct username and password and follow the ISPs instructions
- If you still have trouble sending emails by a desktop application, you may want to try the Webmail service through Webmetics (http://webmail.webmetics.com). This is much easier for most users, as it doesn't require any configuration.